Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Robertson grades Bush and Obama

Susan Malveaux interviewed Pat Robertson on CNN's "The Situation Room." Robertson reflects on Bush's legacy and on Obama's transition. I couldn't find a synopsis on CNN's website, but thankfully The Huffington Post came through in the clutch.

Robertson on Bush:
Well you know, history may accord him a higher grade than his contemporaries and I think he's hoping for that, and we are.

But I believe I would look at about a C-minus right now if I were grading him.
He claims that Katrina, rebuilding Iraq, and the handling of the economy were terribly mishandled, yet he only gives Bush a C-?!? Sounds like grade inflation to me.

But when he talks about Obama, Robertson glows:
I am remarkably pleased with Obama. I had grave misgivings about him. But so help me, he's come in forcefully, intelligently. He's picked a middle of the road cabinet. And so far, if he continues down this course, he has the makings of a great president.

So, I'm very pleased so far.

Fair to say Obama earns an A+. I just hope that Robertson's warm embrace of Obama isn't a kiss of death.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's called "I don't want to become irrelevant" syndrome.

Robertson gives Bush a slightly below average grade. He doesn't throw him under the bus and therefore retains the blind masses.

Robertson gives Obama high praise so that he can trash him later while claiming that he praised him at one time.

I, for one, ain't taking a bite out of this apple.

Matt F. said...

Pat Robertson is one of the slimiest and most morally bankrupt of politicians. I would not want him to endorse anyone I like even a little bit.

Righteous Bubba said...

It's an A+ before a swearing-in. As Darren says the only person this pays off for is Pat Robertson.