Saturday, January 3, 2009

Perriello on NPR

Yesterday I was catching up with Congressman-Elect Perriello on the phone as he was walking into a NPR interview. Good times. The interview aired earlier today, but you can listen to it here. In the interview Tom talked about, among other things, his congressional mentors, his housing situation in DC, and the scarcity of inaugural tickets. He finishes with a story about a young family and their Election Day experience. The interview is only four minutes long, so I encourage you to listen.

(h/t to BlueCommonwealth for catching the link)

5 comments:

Katie said...

Yesterday I was catching up with Congressman-Elect Perriello on the phone...

My, how fancy of you. Drew, you are so cool.

Just kidding. It's fun knowing important people. :-P

Drew said...

I actually debated the pretentious nature of that statement and whether or not it was worth stating in the first place. Of course, in the end, I elected to provide some sense of credibility to this blog.

Anonymous said...

Katie those of us in the Virginia fifth congressional district know that Drew Lumpkin is very connected with Congressman-Elect Perriello. He was Perriello's guy in the Southern part of the congessional district. In a race that was supposed to be a slam dunk for Congressman Goode, Drew and other staffers did a great job of assisting us to victory.

Drew you are so cool. Keep up the good work. Great Blog!

Katie said...

Anonymous 6:02,

Believe me when I say that I am keenly aware of Drew's importance in helping the Congressman-Elect win the race. I know very well how connected he is with the Congressman-Elect.

I was the Perriello campaign's field organizer for Bedford and Campbell counties, both of which were within Drew's domain. He was my boss.

I enjoy giving him some good-natured ribbing from time to time. I hope you don't mind.

Anonymous said...

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree."

James Madison.

getting credibility from a politician is like getting morals from a prostitute.