Saturday, February 14, 2009

Religion and Violence

So, my article on religion and violence has finally been published. Gracious thanks to my professor Craig Atwood and The Hinge. You can read my article here. Four respondents reviewed my article (1, 2, 3, and 4), to which I responded, in turn, with the final say. Also, this article was translated into German.

I hope that you all will have the chance to read my article and the ensuing dialogue. It gives a window into a small but important segment of my divinity education.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In summary, Jesus was killed because the Roman empire mercilessly put down any possible source of rebellion or riot. The empire's agents included the Roman prefect Pilate who ordered the execution, and the Jewish high priest Caiaphus and his council who initiated the process. Assigning responsibility to an entire group of people, whether the Jews or the Romans, is stereotyping, oversimplifying, and false.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2011/who-killed-jesus