Wednesday, March 18, 2009

On Obama: Bush v. Cheney

Bush on Obama:
"I'm not going to spend my time criticizing him. There are plenty of critics in the arena," Bush said. "He deserves my silence."

"I love my country a lot more than I love politics," Bush said. "I think it is essential that he be helped in office."
Cheney on Obama:
Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday that President Obama had made the country less safe, asserting that the new administration’s changes to detention and interrogation programs for terrorism suspects would hamper intelligence gathering.
[...]
“He is making some choices that, in my mind, will, in fact, raise the risk to the American people of another attack,” Mr. Cheney said of Mr. Obama in an interview on the CNN program “State of the Union.”
(h/t Andrew Sullivan and Marc Ambinder)

No comments: