Monday, March 2, 2009

The passing of Dr. Vito Perriello

It is with heavy heart that I report the death of Vito Perriello. Dr. Perriello died this morning, the result of two strokes this past week. As one reader rightly commented, he was a giant of a man, both in compassion and stature in the community. I can't say it better than that.

Rep. Perriello's office released a statement, part of which I include here:
Dr. Perriello was a dedicated pediatrician who practiced in Charlottesville and the surrounding community for nearly 40 years. He suffered two strokes last week and passed into God’s hands surrounded by his family.

Rep. Perriello said: “I appreciate the hundreds of supportive calls and notes during this devastating week, and most of all your prayers for my family. My father’s legendary integrity and sense of service will be missed not just by our family and but also by our entire community. I hope to spend decades trying to match his ceaseless lived commitment to our common humanity. Please keep my mother Linda, his loving wife of over 43 years, in your prayers.”
Our continued thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, Linda, Tom, and the rest of the Perriello family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem. Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cum Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.