Friday, March 6, 2009

Yikes!

Marc Ambinder finds this gem, where Newt Gingrich, in an interview discussing his possibility of running for president, opines that Rep. Eric Cantor (VA-7) would make a great Speaker of the House. Saith the Newt:
“You’ve got the Congressman right here in Virginia, who is the number two Republican in the House Eric Cantor who I think is going to become Speaker of the House and I think is a great great leader.”
I've stared at this screen for quite some time in order to come up with a witty closing statement for this post. I got nothing. Gold star for the wittiest conclusion!

2 comments:

aznew said...

Drew -- The reason you couldn't come up with a witty conclusion is because Newt's comment pulls off the neat trick of actually serving as its own witty concluding statement, as well as the set-up line (Sort of like "I am not a crook," although Nixon's line is about as perfect as it gets, and nothing approaches it in magnitude.)

Drew said...

Drats, aznew. And I was looking to be charitable in handing out gold stars. :-)