Monday, April 20, 2009

Rep. Perriello's First 100 Days

The Martinsville Bulletin today also had an article on Rep. Perriello's first 100 days of service (the Daily Progress' take here). Money quote:
Looking back on his first 100 days in Congress, 5th District U.S. Rep. Tom Perriello said his “double shift” is paying off with some early victories.
[...]
As a freshman lawmaker, Perriello said, “I wondered whether I was going to have much influence, but having my first bill become a law within a month” was among some “really concrete victories.”
The rest of the article talks about his legislative accomplishments, critical votes, national security, jobs and the economy, Southside's potential leadership in the new energy economy, and a typical day. Concludes Perriello:
“I just feel blessed to have any job right now, particularly one where I can help bring jobs to Southside,” he said. “I don’t want to waste any hour where I can make a difference.”

No comments: